Help me make KDE 3 look like Mac OS X!

DOlson

If you go into the icon section of the KDE configuration (default for 9.0 is K menu -> Conf. -> KDE -> Look and Feel -> Icons) and click on the browse button to find your icons; navigate to the tarball and click Install New Theme it should install those icons for you. It's worked for me in the past, but I'm not sure about the particular icon pack you have.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The readme in the extracted folder had nothing to say about the installation, and the download site instructions said to extract them into the opt/kde3/share/icons folder, but of course Mandrake doesn't install kde3 there.  Elsewhere it said to install it as an icon theme using control center, but its not an installable theme as I can see.  I have tons of icons extracted....just ain't sure where to extract them to in such a way as a theme where the Control center can call them.

Searching the board shouldn't be a last resort.

Anyhow, you can just go into the KDE Control Center and then go ot the Icons settings and click Install New Icons or whathaveyou.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.. you have the Apple symbol instead of the K menu that's understandable, but what's that? An IE Icon? AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Anyway, if you want to be really really drastic (not recommended, but I told you it is a drastic measure), you can go to

/usr/share/icons/<theme name>/<size number>/

and change the go.png in theme to a go.png that comes from other theme directory with the same size number.

There may be a better way, but so far that's the only way I know..

Ah well... ahem... this PC was set up for use in the Internet Cafe ... we migrated 100% of the PC's there to Mozilla... but the clients where getting confused by where to find the web browser... so well we just changed the Mozilla icons to ...well ...err ... "e" incons... with the name Web Browser :oops: .

Gotta make some allowances for those migrating from Windows. :oops:

But my own ML9 PC, uses a default KDE look :oops:

Migration report (client PC's):

100% of the browsers are Mozilla 1.1

54% of the PC's use OpenOffice.org 1.01 with the rest running MS Office 2000.

9% use Linux (dropped the RH8 for a really cool looking ML9 - screen above) with the rest running MS Windows XP (9%), 2K (18%), 98SE (18%) and 95 (44%).

hey heres a screensot of my desktop http://www.gimp.nu/images/desktop.jpg if you want somethign like that just add the penguin liberation front to your sources and get the keramik and qinx themes and also get the IcOsX icons. what i did to create the theme i have right now is i used the qinx colors the icOsX icons and the keramik window decoration and the style is set to qinx flat you can change the stuff to how you want it and i also think there is a acua theme or somethign on plf too.