Rescue failure: Kernel panic after restoring LILO

zero0w

Booting the Mandrake 10 CD and entering the 'rescue' command, I tried to restore the LILO after installing Win2k3 Evaluation edition. This time, however I was met with the Kernel panic message like this:

resuming from /dev/hda5
Resuming from device hda5
Kernel panic: Resume Machine unable to find supended-data signature ( - misspelled ?

This worked in the past for Mandrake 9.2 so I wonder if anyone has encountered this problem or know how to solve it. Thanks.

I read that discussion threads but after trying to edit the lilo.conf a few times, I still couldn't make it right. So next step I re-install it and backup and then put Mdk 10.1 on it. Still, thanks for your help.

Edited by zero0w

Its trying to boot software suspend. Make sure that the partition for software suspend, if it is being passed, is pointing, correctly to your swap partition.

If that's all correct and it still doesnt work, try passing each of these options to the kernel:

noresume

or

noresume2

it all depends on what version of software suspend mandrake uses... and I dont know :P