Graphical SSH tool

Does anyone know of any graphical SSH tools that i can use. Im currently using ubuntu so if it is on apt-get it would be better.

And UBUNTU ROCKS i managed to setup my wireless in an hour where as i have never got it working with Mandrake.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Putty is available for linux. Not able to help on the Ubuntu apt-0get availabilty but I have it running on Mdk 10.1 and it is same GUI interface as in Windows if you are used to that! I imagine it can be found in apt format too or build from source.

graphical ssh? isn't that missing the whole point of ssh.

All you have to do is:

ssh username@hostnameorIP -X

where username is the user you want to login as on the remote machine. The -X is there for if you want to run graphical applications from that ssh session. It may not be necessary on mandrake, I can't remember.

It is nice to have a familiar point and click GUI if that is what one is accustomed to, but yes, you do not need the GUI to do SSH. Scripts can do it simply too if you know how to use the syntax.

I mostly do port forwarding and tunneling with SSH and don't use it all that often. So remembering syntax is a pain. The nice thing about Putty is you can setup a connection and save it without having to write a script. For most converts from Windoze, who are not all that familiar with syntax, GUI frontends that work well are a blessing. Using them, all you do is point-n-click and you are connected and ready to do your thing. Sort of handy and simple. That's the way I like my computing... handy and simple.

I started computing way back in the days of patch boards, punch cards, and learning BASIC, COBOL/SNOBOL, etc. and did my share of DOS work, but I am glad to point and click with a GUI when I can nowadays. It is nice to be able to do both in GNU Linux as it is getting more difficult in other OS'es.

Whatever gets the job done easily for me... that's what I want to use.

Putty is actually pretty cool and I use it for work on Linux.

I log into about 1000 different servers and having a graphical list with diff descriptions and stuff make it nice. I do have a host file I have put together overtime, but I can't remermber that many host names and I can put a description of what env and stuff like that with putty :D