check out Waimea

Guest joehill

i format too often to have a nice desktop :)

i set that one up in under 24 hours. worked on it, maybe, 2 or so hours total. i reformat, but i keep my home directory :) and most of my themes settings and what not are in my home directory.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joehill

I talked the coder for bbbutton into releasing a new version with transparency.

looks good in the transparent dock, though now I will need better rendered icons :x

This Waimea just keeps getting better. Fluxbox better watch it, this is going to draw a lot of users away. I suppose that's not their only reason for being...

here's a shot

cheers!

Anyone else having this prob with waimea? When I rt click to get the menu, quite often, it wants to select the first or last entry depending on if at the top of the screen or bottom. It didn't do this the first day or so and I'm thinking it's because I've added about 8 or 10 entries to the first rt click menu. I added a [nop] to the top and bottom of the first menu but it still tries to select the [nop] entry and disappears. I have to rt click and pull away from the menu to prevent this from happening.

Thanks

Guest joehill

I couldn't replicate it, even after adding about 20 entries.

Maybe a corrupt menu file? I would try renaming the menu file and replace it with the original, then try to edit it again.

ooop[EDIT] Did=Didn't>Did think of that...thanks, but it didn't help. I think it's the waimea rpm I used so I could have the minipager (since the tar won't make). The submenus sometimes get left behind, left sitting on the desktop until I rt click them. The tarball didn't do this either. I'll have to try a diff rpm or find a wampager that'll make.

would I be able to give you a compiled version of the pager if I can find all of the files and tell you where to put them?
I don't know, but I'm willing to try. I'll send a pm with my email address. Thanks!

or if someone could tell me how to make a rpm I could give that a go too
On gentoo?..I couldn't begin to tell you. I would think that there'd either have to be a app made for that for gentoo, or you'd have to have some rpm...rpms, or something like rpm, rpm-build, and the correct devel libs. More trouble than it's worth by far. Thanks for the though though :!: :D

it has been sent hope it works. Gentoo can use rpm's I just dont know if it can make them. I dont think a lot of people use the rpm package, I dont because the portage system is quite nice (slow for the full install though)

Using Gentoo actually made me apreciate just how much the mandrake installer and tools do for you

Got it! I'll uninstall the rpm and recompile the tar tomorrow....or... maybe now :wink: I'll post the result/s.

Just a suggestion to everyone using waimea. If your menu is called from ~/.waimea, don't assume it's yours only and make 2 bkups in case of some kind of crash. Because of the menu prob posted above, while online I rt clicked and "exit" was selected :shock: . After I logged in and started X, the default menu was loaded from ~/.waimea. OK...I have a bkup...then after a quick edit and restart, the default was loaded again. Now, no bkup! Guess I should have logged out or something because it seems waimea was confused. Could be an isolated incident but you never know. Man...I felt like I was in windows or something...hehehe.

Using Gentoo actually made me apreciate just how much the mandrake installer and tools do for you
Yeah, everytime I look into trying gentoo or slackware, I think of this very thing, and I just never try them because...heh...why? Mandrake IS the best, IMO. The recent news is sad...but I believe the "distro" will survive, and I hope the company does as well.

It works! Thanks bradcarter! I just chmod and put it in /usr/bin. The waimea-rpm puts the wampager in /usr/X11R6/bin/, so I haven't uninstalled the waimea-rpm and compiled the waimea tarball yet. I'll do that in the morning. It's a diff color? Is the color customizable to? If so, which file do I edit?

tyme, if you want it, let me know and I'll send it to you.

I have put it http://www.php-scripter.com/downloads/wampager incase anyone else reads the thread and has the same problem. (rightclick and save as on the link) tar is not working for some reason so I cannot packager it up

the only file produced is the bianary wampager file, I cannot see anything to customize it unfortuantly but if you figure something out let me know

Well, for some reason the menus with the tar were acting as the rpm. X prob??? Anyway look what I found;

wampager rpms

http://speakeasy.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2htm....&system=&arch=

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?idpa=27263...search=wampager

waimea rpms (knew about these)

http://speakeasy.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2htm...ubmit=Search+...

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?idpa=29492...4&search=waimea