Theming KDE questions

MrWhisp

Hi,

I have two questions about theming my KDE environment:

1. When I choose a transparent konsole without menu and window border, a thin white line is shown at the top and bottom of the konsole window. Is there any way to remove this line? I want a fully transparent konsole...

2. Is there any way, maybe using dcop, to open a open windows list (shortcut Alt+F5)? I want to add it to my Superkaramba theme...

Thanks,

Mr Whisp

I seem to remember that it is not possible to make a COMPLETELY transparent terminal with konsole. The way to go is with Eterm as described in the following link:

http://www.freebsdhowtos.com/70.html

As for your other question, I haven't the foggiest idea. I am interested to find out the answer, though, so please post it when you find it :)

Good Luck.

I seem to remember that it is not possible to make a COMPLETELY transparent terminal with konsole. The way to go is with Eterm as described in the following link:

http://www.freebsdhowtos.com/70.html

Thanks!

It seems like the howto is about an older version of Eterm.

In the latest version you have to make some changes in the theme.cfg in the themes/trans folder:

1. Comment out the line 'begin button_bar' ('#begin button_bar') to get rid of the menu

2. Set scrollbar off

3. Set borderless true (or maybe false if you have a transparent window theme like me :) )

Start Eterm with 'Eterm -t trans'