Email server

phazeman

I'm not sure that this is the correct place to ask about but if i'm wrong i will move to another forum. The problem of mine is like this - i'm looking for an easy to read and to install mail server howto. Something with courier IMAP. It's for home use only so nothing special should be in it... spamassasin, postfix/sendmail and courier. off course with the smtp auth. If anyone has something like this written (with step by step actions) i will appreciate if this person will share it...

Thanks a lot in advance

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

If you're not married to courier IMAP, I recommend postfix with the imap 2004 package. The only configuration required with the mandrake packages is to enter your domain name and to make sure postfix is bound to the proper interface (I bind to all since I only have one). Both of these can be done in a single screen in Webmin. If you install Spamassassin, the only thing you need to do is make a procmail rule. This is also simple to do in Webmin. I can't help much with SMTP-auth, but I see someone has already posted a link for that part. If this is only for home use, do you need SMTP-auth? I allow only the local network to send mail, and use a web client (SquirrelMail) if I'm away from home. I don't even leave port 143 open.