Jump to content
Viper_Maniac

Trouble installing program

Recommended Posts

maybe Qchem had it right

urpmi libgtk+2

?

urpmf libgtk+2

?

 

shouldn't have to update sources to get some kind of output. Mandrake tools run on gtk2.

Edited by bvc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[root@localhost amy]# rpm -qa | grep gtk+
libgtk+-x11-2.0_0-2.4.9-9mdk
libgtk+1.2-1.2.10-40mdk
libgtk+2.0_0-2.4.9-9mdk
libgtk+2.0_0-devel-2.4.9-9mdk
gtk+2.0-2.4.9-9mdk

 

Try typing:

urpmi libgtk+2.0_0-2.4.9-9mdk

urpmi libgtk+2.0_0-devel-2.4.9-9mdk

 

If that doesn't work (the packages weren't found or something) put the names into Google with "pbone" tacked onto the end and you should have no problems finding them.

 

I just finished compiling Gaim-1.1.1 and is runs ohsonice under KDE. Even lets me send files to my friend using a Winblow$ box.

 

Good Luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok it completed the configure and then I did the make and make install command. Now I start up gaim and it still says its 0.82.1. Did I do something wrong? (well i guess i did but still its messed up)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you didn't do

.configure --prefix=/usr

then the default is to install to

/usr/local

 

so, open a terminal and do

/usr/local/bin/gaim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do it again and look at the install directories near the end of the install

 

or use slocate to find it

Edited by bvc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Start again at the configure command?

yes, and this time do

./configure --prefix=/usr

 

but beware that this will override (install over) an rpm gaim install but at least you'll know where it is

/usr/bin/gaim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I did that and then I did the make and make install commands after the configure command and now gaim wont start. Man this is fun. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course I did it as root. I do know that much. ;) lol.

 

I think I did see some errors. I'll run it again and post up what errors I get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These I saw when I did the configure command:

checking for silc... Package silc was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `silc.pc'

to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable

No package 'silc' found

checking for libstartup-notification-1.0 >= 0.5... Package libstartup-notification-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libstartup-notification-1.0.pc'

to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable

No package 'libstartup-notification-1.0' found

Building without libstartup-notification

checking for libxml-2.0 libebook-1.0 libedata-book-1.0... Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc'

to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable

No package 'libxml-2.0' found

checking libebook version... Package libebook-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libebook-1.0.pc'

to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable

No package 'libebook-1.0' found

checking for mozilla-nss... Package mozilla-nss was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `mozilla-nss.pc'

to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable

No package 'mozilla-nss' found

checking for gtkspell-2.0 >= 2.0.2... Package gtkspell-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtkspell-2.0.pc'

to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable

No package 'gtkspell-2.0' found

checking for ao... no

*** Could not run ao test program, checking why...

*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the

*** exact error that occured. This usually means ao was incorrectly installed

*** or that you have moved ao since it was installed.

checking for audiofile-config... no

checking for Audio File Library - version >= 0.2.0... no

*** The audiofile-config script installed by the Audio File Library could

*** not be found. If the Audio File Library was installed in PREFIX, make

*** sure PREFIX/bin is in your path, or set the AUDIOFILE_CONFIG

*** environment variable to the full path to audiofile-config.

 

I'll post the other errors from the other commands if these ones arent the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...