Devil Whiskey Demo crashes ...

nchancock

Okay, so I got the Devil Whiskey Demo (thanks to the earlier post, many thanks guys :D ). Installed with the script, went flawlessly.

./dwMain to run the game, initial window opens, I get some nice sound ... all good. Options are (P)lay the game, (E)dit the configuration, (Q)uit the demo.

After checking the configuration settings, they all seemed to be in line with my system specs, so I hit P to play and ... crash. The game window closes, no error message, nothin. No error message generated in the console either.

The only thing I can see that might be a problem is that the game's resolution is set to run at 1024x768 but my monitor is set for 1440x900. However, I tried setting the monitor down to 1024x768, but the same problem repeats itself.

I should say that this is the first game that I have tried to run under Mandrake 10.1 OE (2.6.8.1-12mdksmp, nvidia-6111) besides xmame and snes9x (which work flawlessly.

Totally off the subject, this is also my first venture into the Linux world, and I think I'm here to stay ... <<single tear>>.

Anyway, TIA

Nate