Show Off Your Desktop: January 2005

bvc

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice wallpaper, It makes me think of a Anime version of the movie TRON :)

it's eve 1.0, in the comic strip (applegeeks) one of the main characters, hawk, builds her out of apple computer parts and what not...and then she destroys a windows pc :D

nice desktop, tymark. :)

Since

ClearlooksMilk

ClearlooksBluey (Bluecurve)

ClearlooksAna

are now included with version 0.2 of the Clearlooks Engine at gnome-look, only

ClearlooksEtiquette

ClearlooksChocolateMilk

ClearlooksTiSkin

are in the pack so it is a 3 pack now instead of a 6 pack

Clearlooks-3Pack

Enjoy!

Edited by bvc

this looks nice. it is based on the screenie you saw before, but now in grey. very reduced, usable, almost flat and very straight in its coloring. i think this is my nominated screenie. nothing that will win even a flower or a beer but i have to nominate something, right? :cheesy:

the stuff i used: clearlooks-chocolatemilk gtk-theme, flat-milk metacity, etiquette and marcintesh icons (mixed them to get the best out of each set).

Edited by arctic

self made icons at top

obviously self made wallpaper :)

gtk theme is a self colourized version using the industrial engine

GNOME 2.9 (obviously, its in the wallpaper)

here you can see some of the stuff out of the upcoming 2.10 gnome, take a look at my panel up the top, its transparent. now in the past, the clock applet, battery applet and menu bar applets were never transparent, they are now! the drive icons on the desktop ( i didnt make those ) now it shows the size of the removable drives instead of a random name.

in gmpc, im listening to the podcast binary revolution.

in the command line, im running irssi for irc, ncmpc another mpd based mp3 player like gmpc, pebrot a cli msn clone and of course bash. All managed in the one window kindly by screen :D

post-1325-1106044958_thumb.jpg

You might not find this screenshot aesthetically stunning but its technologically brilliant.

Movies can be made transparent in totem and dragged around without dropping a frame (though cpu usage does hit 100, perhaps not surprisingly). Been waiting for this sort of stuff in linux for so long :D

You'll also notice a little glitch in the top left, thats because the menus have a nice fade in/out, and the screenshot has captured the actions menu fading out.

Didn't want to lose quality with a jpeg, so its here: http://www.mountainpictures.net/screenshot-180105.png (~700k)

Add a new user(garnome) and d/l compile the following in there home dir and you have a shinny version of gnome-cvs and your regular gnome (stable).

I would add new user and do it in there home dir to keep all your normal day-to-day user settings sane :)

http://cipherfunk.org/garnome/

You could use jhbuild too, but i'm not familiar with that one. ( I know the fedora gnome dude that builds the rpms for rawhide uses a setup with jhbuild)

http://www.freedesktop.org/Software/jhbuild

http://www.jamesh.id.au/software/jhbuild/

have fun :banana:

excelent iphitus!

not crazy about size display on drives but....good things are coming! Can the drive size display be disabled or something?

I love the drive sizes, previously it named them as:

the 129 one was named WD1600BB-00GUA0 and the smaller one was named Linux8

so filesizes is probably a much more useful name. Although it would be more logical if it named the mount point... You could also disable the drive display. This drive is my usb2 external that is automounted by gvm+hal.

iphitus

hey iphitus, does this trans panel applets not work for bottom panels with you? I have gnome-2.9.4 on ubuntu and it works on the top and sides but not the bottm. Pretty useless if they did that on purpose. I didn't know about it because I hate top panels.

hey iphitus, does this trans panel applets not work for bottom panels with you? I have gnome-2.9.4 on ubuntu and it works on the top and sides but not the bottm. Pretty useless if they did that on purpose. I didn't know about it because I hate top panels.

What exactly am I missing, I'm running 2.9.4 on fc3 from garnome and I don't see an option for trans panel applet? Where is that at?