Let's see if it works...

Edited: Yeah, so here is its specs.

e17

Entice

Entrance with taillights theme

gkrellm2

iconbar

Eterm with fake transparency (Esetroot)

this has my vote. :headbang::thumbs::thumbs: way up.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first submission to your desktop contest :-)

Simplicity is the Key

Mandrake 10.1 OE, Fluxbox 0.9.11, gkrellm (invisible theme), Mozilla FireFox 1.0, XMMS, GAIM.

Wallpaper from www.ikaro.dk

CrystalGreen mouse cursors set from www.kde-look.org

There are 5 more workspaces but i can't show them all :-) so only the entertaintment one is here :-)

Hope you like it

post-1657-1105272396_thumb.jpg

Edited by phazeman

Testing out transparencies in kde. plastik for style and decoration. default icons, color and gkrellm theme. mdk 10.1oe

If anyone is interested, the pic is named Corereflex1x.jpg and was taken by a guy who had photographed his processor with a microscope.

I placed it temporarily here - http://www.geocities.com/axelj96/wallpapers/Corereflex1x.jpg

post-1963-1105288037_thumb.jpg

some E17 up in here, two Eterms, one with naim and the other with irssi

screenshot011004_preview.jpg

it's very interesting...i'm learning about the EFL and it's various parts...trying to understand how theming will work. I can't seem to get transparency with Eterms, it looks like E17 isn't using Esetroot to set the background, nor does it seem to work in E17 when I try to use it (Esetroot, that is).

Edited by tymark

Artificial -- I've been meaning to ask you. According to your December nominated screenie: You have horizontally aligned panels autohiding the left side of your screen. How did you pull this off? With my setup of Gnome 2.8 it will only autohide horizontally aligned panels if they're at the top or bottom.

2 more shots:

Edited to say: 1 more shot, :afro: I do not have more space to upload here. :lol:

e17

entice

eterm with Esetroot

ibar

erss

gkrellm2

xmms

flame module

temp module

virtual desktop

I'm still trying to put engage to work, since my cvs update (ebuilds) of 1st Jan, I couldn't make it work under e17, but with gnome and e16 it still works, strange.

Cheers.

BTW: I'm using E since I started using linux and can say that E17, despite of being under constant development, has kept the same leve of productivity I was used to. (for sure it's a personal choice)

post-1480-1105498278_thumb.jpg

Edited by william

Artificial -- I've been meaning to ask you. According to your December nominated screenie: You have horizontally aligned panels autohiding the left side of your screen. How did you pull this off? With my setup of Gnome 2.8 it will only autohide horizontally aligned panels if they're at the top or bottom.

works here on ubuntu hoary;

gnome-2.9.3

gnome-panel-2.9.3

gtk2-2.6.1