trouble installing themes from source

BigCdaAnswer3

I recently updated to 10.1 OE from CE because I was dissapointed with how many packages I had to urpmi to get things workin :angry: . I found out that at least with CE I could finally compile programs from source after satisfying endless dependencies. After trying to ./configure a cool them from kde-look.org, I had to install xorg-development packages as well as a couple others....I thought I was done, but then the final error I get is:

checking for Qt... libraries /usr/lib/qt3//lib, headers /usr/lib/qt3//include using -mt

checking if Qt compiles without flags... no

checking for moc... /usr/lib/qt3//bin/moc

checking for uic... /usr/lib/qt3//bin/uic

checking whether uic supports -L ... yes

checking whether uic supports -nounload ... yes

checking if Qt needs -ljpeg... no

checking for rpath... yes

checking for KDE... libraries /usr/lib, headers /usr/include

checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no

configure: error: you need to install kdelibs first.

I've googled (as always) to find a solution before posting but nothing I found helped....possibly because none of it was mandrake specific? I know I have these packages installed, but I don't see any options I can pass to ./configure when I use the --help option. Any ideas?

are you really sure that you have all kdelibs for compiling installed? if not, download them e.g. via easyurpmi or install them from your cds. in case you really have all these things installed, check for the version you have and the version the package is asking for. maybe you need to upgrade them (easy) or downgrade them (a horror. don't you dare think of doing this)