Stuck in DOS

Guest SoldierofHyrule

Guest SoldierofHyrule
If you are getting a true DOS promt as you describe, the problem is NOT mandrake, it's either your ISO's or your PC.  Period.  End of discussion.  No question.  No doubt.  No alternative.  No way. No how.  No if.  No and. No but.

NOw that that's out of the way, let's try and figure out what IS going on.

To answer one question that came up, no Caldera is not a linux distro, it is a software company.  They have in the past, produced a linux distro, but they have also produced a DOS clone called caldera dr-dos.

The most likely explanations are:

1.  Bad ISO's  downloading again does not preclude this possability.

2.  Bad burn.  Once again, a  second burn doesn't fix this, if the cause is human error.  You may be doing something stupid like burning the iso as a file isntead of an image and telling nero to make it a boot disk, giving you a basic dos prompt.  That's m,y suspician.

3. You may have some other boot media present and have your bios configured to boot it before the CD.  Not real likely, but sometimes, it's the REALY obvious things that are most insidious.

4.  The last possability that comes to mind is that you have a REALY non-standard bios.

oops i think i did burn it wrong, i burned it as a bootable disk, thanks for the help i hope that was the problem. :D