Support Mandrake!

MoonChild

Or maybe Microsoft will step forward with a smile to offer the struggling distribution much needed cash in order to get in the game.

I don't really know if Mandrake would ever be that desperate. I was on the Mandrake site today doing some reading. The new CEO really seems to be shit-hot.

It is going to take our support to prevent any merging. Why don't we start a poll on this site with recommendations for what we, the Mandrake users, would like to see being done to solve Mandrake's problems. We could then send it to them, for what it is worth.

Something like, "If you were CEO of Mandrake Soft, what would your course of action be" and give a few viable options which can then be voted for.

I don't disagree with your suggestions but I seriously doubt whether they have the resources/finances. This is countdown time and I think they should concentrate on putting out a completely clean distribution without the problems like supermount or other things that are broken. All of this assumes they will get that far before an itchy creditor rings the bankruptcy bell. There is an equivalent to Chapter 11 bankruptcy in France which could be invoked by Mandrake if the capital objectives are not met which would give them time to reorganize. Unfortunately they chose to hide the Q&A with the new CEO behind the members only banner at the very time when his public statements would give us basis for a little confidence in Mandrake's future.

Counterspy