Burning software and mp3->wav converter [SOLVED]

PoZZyX

hi !

I'm using mdk 10.1 and as I tried to burn a cd with K3B, an error occurred : "Impossible d'utiliser les fichiers suivants car ils sont dans un format non géré" (it means that he can't read the mp3 files, which is quite surprising, because it's only the case for 2 mp3 files of 12), so I thought, I could try to burn those mp3 files to an audio CD with another burning software, but I don't know any. Do someone know any other burning software ? (excepting cdrecord, because I don't know how to use it in console :oops::wall: )

another solution would be to convert my mp3 files to the wav format, but I also don't know any program to do this :-S so the same question as before : do someone know a software like this ?

and I'm also looking for a good software to extract an audio cd to mp3 files

thank you for reading my message and for your help to everybody who will help me :D :D :D

use Grip. very nice app. endlessly configurable, GUI interface, works in any Desktop environment, converts mp3's to wav. use MCC software installer, type grip in the search to install if you don't have it installed already. or, in terminal as root do urpmi grip.

Chris

If you dare with command line tools you can do it in two steps:

first convert mp3 files into wav as follows:

aru@mandrakeusers ~$ for mp3file in *.mp3; do
> mpg123 -b 10000 -s -r 44100 "$mp3file" |  sox -t raw -r 44100 -s -w -c2 - "${mp3file/.mp3/.wav}"
> done
High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2 and 3.
Version 0.59r (1999/Jun/15). Written and copyrights by Michael Hipp.
[...]
aru@mandrakeusers ~$

then burn the CDROM:

aru@mandrakeusers ~$ cdrecord -v -eject -dev=/dev/hdc -useinfo -audio *.wav
cdrecord: No write mode specified.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent defaults.
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Sc
[...]
aru@mandrakeusers ~$

Have fun!

:thanks:

I first tried to use gRip, because I'm not very good at "consoling", but I didn't manage to convert my files :wacko: so I tried with the command line aru gave me, and finally I managed to convert those bloody files and now burning is getting easy with k3b (I'm also going to try to burn with cdrecord, so I would now be able to burn in console and graphical mode :D )

so thank you to both once more, today I learned several things more on mdk :D

Marked the thread Solved - Artificial Intelligence

aru, does mpg123 have a native file output option? Shouldn't need to pipe through sox. mpg321 does for sure (-w to output .wav), and madplay (-o wave:filename).

Nope it doesn't, as from mpg123 man page:

DESCRIPTION

mpg123  reads  one  or more files (or standard input if ``-'' is speci-

fied) or URLs and plays them on the audio device (default)  or  outputs

them  to  stdout.  file/URL  is  assumed  to  be an MPEG-1/2 audio bit

stream.

... mpg123 + sox had done the job for years and indeed I don't have mpg321 installed ;)