The Gimp 2.2 rpms?

mattie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Diwann
This won't be available for a little while, it relies on the new GTK, which will not be all too friendly with what you have already got installed. So just wait :)

arg when you install the fedora rpms it segfault saying that :

gimp: relocation error: gimp: symbol __fprintf_chk, version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

:furious3:

and there are lots of warnings too :

(gimp:8397): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file ../../gtk/gtktextbuffer.c: line 612 (gtk_text_buffer_insert_at_cursor): assertion `GTK_IS_TEXT_BUFFER (buffer)' failed

(gimp:8397): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gobject.c: line 1579 (g_object_unref): assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Sorry for responding so late, email notification doesn't seem to work on this board! :/

I found a gimp2.2 mdk rpm, I will post it as I get home.

mattie

EDIT: oops, sorry, I'm probably confusing with the inkscape rpm which I was looking for too ;)

Edited by mattie

• 3 weeks later...
LOL, as we're speaking, another gimp has been released (2.2.1)! I guess Mandrake will never be able to keep the pace with the gimp ;)

Hehe, now 2.2.3 is on. I dled a Fedora 3 RMP, it intalled fine, but did not run. I look forward the 2.2.x version coz the integration with Inkscape, i would love to copy and paste SVG graphics into Gimp and apply there the effects.

But, we will have to wait some weeks... :furious3:

:lol2: gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña!!!

Edited by GAZ082

LOL, as we're speaking, another gimp has been released (2.2.1)! I guess Mandrake will never be able to keep the pace with the gimp ;)

Hehe, now 2.2.3 is on. I dled a Fedora 3 RMP, it intalled fine, but did not run. I look forward the 2.2.x version coz the integration with Inkscape, i would love to copy and paste SVG graphics into Gimp and apply there the effects.

But, we will have to wait some weeks... :furious3:

:lol2: gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña gña!!!

hehehe...ubuntu hoary can :P

I have it and it's nice for that, but other things....dialogs have changed and over all...I don't like where it's headed with this 'i'm a windozer so hide options from me so that i have to click *Show Advanced Options' all the time. Very annoying and time consuming when they move crap around making them hard to find :angry:

If you know what you are doing and/or don't care if you break your system, you can get GIMP 2.2 from Cooker (the dev/test version of Mdk). The new GTK shouldn't break Gnome 2.6 or current GTK apps, but differences in package requirements might cause Bad Things™ to happen. There are minor incompatibilities with the new gtk-pixbuf library. Just to make this clear, Cooker is for experienced Linux users. I'm posting this for experienced Linux users who are new to Mandrake and might not know about Cooker. Cooker is fairly stable right now with only minor udev problems, but it changes daily.

• 2 months later...

if some admin could check my profile.. i still don't get any mail notifications

anyway, just wanted to tell that in the meanwhile, I'm getting my gimp rpm's from mcnl

of course the autopackage thing is also handy nowadays ;)

mattie

Edited by mattie

dyslexic: I really hope Cooker's stable, because it's about 99.9% of 2005 :). I wouldn't use it as an update source especially if it goes anywhere _near_ GTK+, though. Hasn't thac done a GIMP 2.2 RPM? If he has, that'd probably be the best option, assuming you really really need it.