Intel PRO/2200 wireless [solved]

kde-head

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boston98

at the end of this long thread,can anyone post a solution (complete) for people like me who are not so skillfull about linux?

it would be usefull...

i still don't know what to do with my fujitsu siemens amilo m1420 and my mandrake 10.1...

does the new mandriva handle better the wireless with 2200 bg?

• 1 month later...

I've followed this thread in detail and although I've made progress, I still can't get connected. First some foreground, I have a relatively new(3 mos.)Dell Inspiron 6000, running Mdk 10.1 Community. The install is a story in itself, I'll save that one for later. Anyway, I downloaded all of the drivers and firmware, requires etc. and installed as per. I've gotten to the point that when I ifup it tries to find the IP information, but then fails. I don't know if its a HWADDR issue as the ipw2200 is "alias eth1=ipw2200" and ieee 1394 is the original eth1. It seems to be trying, but can't connect for some reason. I tried changing the eth1 MAC in /etc/iftab, but that doesn't work. It feels like I'm close, but I just can't seem to get past this block. I'm trying to configure so I can use public WAP's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I really appreciate what has been posted so far, but from where I am it doesn't seem to be solved.