alpha centauri installer

Guest c_m_f

that was what i mean/was trying to get across, i just rather pissed after buying it and finding out i can's play it!

You should maybe ask to find out if it can be played in Linux before you buy next time. Or you can just play it in Windows, which is what a lot of people do. I don't dual boot, but I had to give up a lot of games (I owned over 100 - legally too, not this pirate every game under the sun crap). I don't have time for gaming much anymore anyhow, so I don't notice it really.

DOlson,

I don't say the LGP is crap. They just havent ported anything I'm vaguely interested in yet (Creatures?!?! no thanks). I'd love to see them do a port of Imperium Galactica 2, or Ascendency. I'd buy IG2 again if they did. My Win copy only cost $5 (bargain bin at Walmart). One of the reasons I got it was because it was on the Wine/WineX list.

LGP did not port Creatures 3. They published it. There is a difference. And my wife likes the game, so far, but it's too complex for me to sit down and play. I have no time. But I did buy Creatures 2 for Windows a while back, and I tried it then, and I couldn't figure it out. If you haven't played it, you maybe should look into the game first... It seems really cool, and my wife was telling me what all you can do in it. I'm glad she likes it.

I'm not really into RPGs, but I bought Neverwinter because of the Linux client being released soon. I would have waited but for a reduced price at BestBuy. I even e-mailed Bioware to tell them how much I applaud their efforts, and got a nice, short, thanks e-mail back from them. Now I want to convince them to port Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic for Linux, since it's based off of the same code. The only problem I see there is that there is no multiplayer planned for KotOR, and that may kill the concept of a Linux port (no multiplayer=no server, no server=no Linux server, no Linux server=no Linux server admins to kiss up to). I really hope not, and hope they use their development of NWN to shorten development for a KotOR port.

I fully agree. I've posted there, but I will email them about it later. I'll email Ray to be exact.

It is sad it is taking so long for NWN, and I, too, would have waited, had I known I could have saved $20 to $30 by waiting.

I noticed, in your Bioware post, you recently bought a Playstation also. I got my PS2 before X-mas and very much like it for DVDs and gaming. That means that I will be less inclined to purchase PC games, especially those that are not ported specifically for Linux. Additionally, Sony supports Linux at least marginally with the PS2 Linux kit. I have a Palm m105 because they are interoperable with both Win (which I must use at work) and Linux, and is the likely platform for my company's plans for portable support with our proprietary software. I have resisted getting Starfleet Command 3, despite very much wanting it, because there is no Linux port and it is not playable under WineX. So my purchases are very much Linux-centric, as I'm sure are yours. My new machine was purchased to primarily be a Linux machine (60 GB HD for Linux, 40 for Win).

That's cool. Yeah, I have 10 games for PSone, and I'm getting a few more this weekend. I like my PSone. Good ol' RPGs like Legend of Dragoon take me right back to the FF/DW/FF3/BoF days. I've seen a lot of games come and go, and I just decided it's too damn bad for the companies making them. If they don't support Linux, I don't support them. It saves me a LOT of money too (I used to buy Windows games every week).

You should maybe ask to find out if it can be played in Linux before you buy next time. Or you can just play it in Windows, which is what a lot of people do. I don't dual boot, but I had to give up a lot of games (I owned over 100 - legally too, not this pirate every game under the sun crap). I don't have time for gaming much anymore anyhow, so I don't notice it really.

yeah that would be ok but the thing is i dont dual boot either, and i do buy legit games aswell, at the moment i own all 3 quakes and ut, ut2003 which are working on linux, i had them in windows days except ut2003, that was one of the bonuses of there installers!

yeah that would be ok but the thing is i dont dual boot either, and i do buy legit games aswell, at the moment i own all 3 quakes and ut, ut2003 which are working on linux, i had them in windows days except ut2003, that was one of the bonuses of there installers!

Well, there are others too. I posted the link to the list earlier, I think, and there are even others that I didn't yet list.

They're out there.

If you don't want to "re-buy" any games, you should buy other games first then. There are quite a few games to buy, if you don't have enough money to buy them all immediately. See the link in my signature. :)