wvdial, no dialtone

brucedjones

ive been using an ISDN internet connection for quite some time now but due to a change in how you specify a device in gnome-ppp, (it has to detect it, wish it would look in the right places though) ive resorted to trying to get wvdial to work manually. ive checked wvdial.conf and everything is in order i think. my MSN gets sent, and then the dial command is run, but then i get the error "No Dialtone". this wouldnt seem so weird if i had yanked the cable out and torn it up... but i havent. ive also tried the mandrake way of doing things through the control center, but as always with 10.0 this has never worked. can anyone help. ideally a sample wvdial.conf for isdn would be nice, as i cant post mine as its on a different computer with no working way of getting the information aside from sitting there and writeing the whole thing o0ut by hand...

ive been using an ISDN internet connection for quite some time now but due to a change in how you specify a device in gnome-ppp, (it has to detect it, wish it would look in the right places though) ive resorted to trying to get wvdial to work manually. ive checked wvdial.conf and everything is in order i think. my MSN gets sent, and then the dial command is run, but then i get the error "No Dialtone".

how did you connect b4?

gnome-ppp is just a front ent to wvdial. It doesn't have it's own config files and uses wvdials.

yeh i know, i was a bit stupid and didnt try resting the computer (but to be fair to me when was the last time that changed much :)) wvdial works fine now, but i will ahve a word to that developer breaking my favourite dialer so isdn doesnt work