10.1 Official ISO now available on mirrors

Guest anon

:wall: dam...

Was just searching the mirrors just 12 hours prior to your post hoping to get a jump on the ISOs... and not finding anything... I opted to try a URPMI upgrade instead. Now I keep losing the connection to the mirror with curl errors and having to keep restarting. Going on my fourth attempt to finish this upgrade when I get home from work. Mirrors prolly getting hammered now and will make it more difficult to finish.

What's this mini ISO ? Maybe a better option for those such as DragonMage to download and install a new system, and then install other apps later ?

Guest Adriano

'torrent is running for me at 42 KB/s download and 31 KB/s upload (640kb dsl). I started d'loading the DVD ISO yesterday night (roughly 8-10 hours ago) and it's at 8 hours from finishing. Nice.

What's this mini ISO ? Maybe a better option for those such as DragonMage to download and install a new system, and then install other apps later ?

The mini ISO is a bootable CDROM that will install the basic stuffs and get the rest via ftp. So, not for me since like I said, no broadband.

But it seems that my local linux shop has the 10.1 OE out already, with 4th CD even :headbang:

I'll be going there on the weekend. :)

I've had problems downloading DVD ISO's before, stopping after 2GB. Anyone have an FTP-client they know will work with this DVD ISO?

Are you downloading it to a FAT32 partition? Because IIRC the maximum size for a single file in a FAT32 partition is 2 GB.

Are you downloading it to a FAT32 partition? Because IIRC the maximum size for a single file in a FAT32 partition is 2 GB.

It's a long time since last I tried, but yes, that may just be the case, I used to dual boot before, and I often stored to a FAT32 partition... I'll try tonight and get back if it still fails.

Being an old DOS-user i should have known this, thanks :oops:

I've had problems downloading DVD ISO's before, stopping after 2GB.

Don't know why it would stop after 2 GB, but it seems that is the size of this DVD ISO, so it just may not be a problem... this time. What about bittorrent ? That would seem safer... if you can run it past those ports it uses.

I tried to copy the Clubmembers dvd iso (4.3GB) onto a fat32 partition (external harddrive), and it stopped at 2GB claiming 'file size limit exceeded'.

It may well be that if you have a different block size (8KB instead of 1 or so, used for large disks) that 4GB is the limit, not sure.

But on FAT32 there really is a 2GB limit at least in some cases.

I've seen this on (32 bit) HP-UX systems too. It was due to the ability of the negative sign that the limit was not 4GB but just 2GB, the sign of the number takes one bit...

BTW Dragonmage - thought you had a copy of Mdk already...? Not working properly?

Edited by aRTee