Any enthusiastic programmers here?

unholy

Welll, this is a program I've been working on since the summer, and it works on Mandrake 10.1 (and 10.0 with a tiny modification). If any linux/C++ programmers are interested in developing this, let me know.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

enthusiastic? yes

experienced? no

good? no

I'll do any basic stuff you may have need for...might not do it well, but I'll give it a shot :P

if ur looking for an idea of my experience level...I made an MMO (using FTP), but that was in windoze...and then I made a linux prog that would automatically change the wallpaper at certain times of day...I'm pretty sure it worked (can't quite remember)...but it spiked my CPU usage because it was constantly checking what time it was :P

Edited by Urza9814

That's not really what he means; he means the feel of interacting with an actual rack of CDs, sideways labels and head-rotation and everything. As someone with 650 CDs on shelves, I know exactly what he means, though I get by with Rhythmbox. There's something about the CDs themselves that's different...

That's not really what he means; he means the feel of interacting with an actual rack of CDs, sideways labels and head-rotation and everything. As someone with 650 CDs on shelves, I know exactly what he means, though I get by with Rhythmbox. There's something about the CDs themselves that's different...

I had a look on his site and the blueprint he put there, and it's simply a list of CD's displayed by their spine. Muine is a list of CDs displayed by CD cover and as it's simple, he may find it sufficient therefore saving him the effort of writing his own.

Screenie

http://muine.gooeylinux.org/muine.png

iphitus, thanks - that's sort of what I'm aming for, and it has a really neat interface. I would like that view to be a 'choice', and possibly plugin based so you can download other views (traditional, console-esque, etc...). But the spine view is important. (Although feasability is something that has to be looked into).

If you dont have a spine image for an album, you get an auto-generated one (based on the folder (album) and parent foler (artist) names, as you can see on the right of the cdrack on my webpage.

adamw, thats exactly what I mean. I want a carousel of spines basically.

Urza, what exactly is MMO? I've found some varying definitions of the acronym. Verrry varying :) But I'll take you up on your offer! The project needs a better website, and ftp access etc. I've only ever done this with people I can see so this is new to me too. The project is as much about learning about management systems (such as CVS, or even ftp if you will).

Thanks theYinYeti, I appreciate that!

I will probably set up a chat room or something until I get a website with ftp access.