Unsatisfied Libgtkspell.so.0 ?

Guest Goober

Hi, noob to Linux here. I've recently tryed to install the Gaim rpm. Entered the command rpm -ivh [package name] and failed because of dependencies needed. Tryed the urpmi gaim and failed due to unsatisfied libgtkspell.so.0. Can someone tell me what this means and how to solve the problem so I can get gaim running :thanks:. Downloaded the .rpm from Gaim for mdk 9.2.

Edited by Goober

Hi and welcome to linux and this board!

By the sound of it you need to install gtk as gaim is designed for the gnome desktop and mdk installs by default only kde desktop. To install gtk just navigate to the mandrake control center (mcc at the command prompt) click on software icon and search for gtk. Make sure to include the lib file gaim specifically asked for and accept any other files that are required due to dependencies. Next install gaim again.

Good luck

Thanks for the welcome spike. I have another os on right now becuase I couldnt install gaim for mdk 9.2. The mcc u speak of is that were you download from the net or packages that are already on your hd ...if so I dont have it becuase I only downloaded 1 iso. Plz reply back thanks.

Edited by Goober

mcc is the Mandrake Control Centre, which you should have. However, installing Mandrake from one CD is generally a bad idea, you will be missing a lot of stuff and will have trouble installing it in the future. It might be an idea to install a newer version of Mandrake and use two or three CDs...that way you'll get a nice up-to-date version of gaim included, too. :)

mcc is the Mandrake Control Centre, which you should have. However, installing Mandrake from one CD is generally a bad idea, you will be missing a lot of stuff and will have trouble installing it in the future. It might be an idea to install a newer version of Mandrake and use two or three CDs...that way you'll get a nice up-to-date version of gaim included, too. :)

I agree I made a mistake by doing that being a noob and all had to start off hard. Im going to download the k3b someone told me about and burn those 3 iso images for 10.0 If I can get k3b installed.