10.1 i586 boot problem

Guest iamapig

Guest iamapig

hello guys

i downloaded all 5 cds i586 and when i try to boot this what happens... i boot from the cd fine and it tells me to press enter for install... so i press enter. but then it just restart the computer and comes back to the boot screen again and again i press enter and does the same think... over and over. it doesnt form the kernel i believe. i looked all over the internet but couldnt find a solution to this problem. any comments?

i have p4 2.8 with MSI-MS 6577 motherboard

Edited by iamapig

Your not the first. I had the same exact problem.

I would boot from cd1 and it would show the mandrake install splashscreen (where it asks to press enter to install).

I would press enter and then it goes to the "loading program into memory" screen. But I never made it past that screen, when the bar was almost full, it would change to a black screen saying "sending termination signals" and then it would reboot and the whole process would repeat over and over again.

You dont even have to press enter at the splashscreen, if you wait a few seconds it will start the process automatically. I would sit for hours watching it do this on its own over and over again.

Anyway, I kept on thinking it was the cdrom drive or that the cd's were burned the wrong way, but finally I decided to check the memory. Sure enough it was the memory card. I changed the card and it installed with no problem.....

Edited by giroeneleje