Acer Aspire 1355 LM & MDK 10.1

Guest u-t-o

Hi There,

I'm new to Linux , and new to this forum, but I've installed Linux on several boxes,

without having troubles.

Now I've tried to "mount" MDK 10.1 on my new Acer Aspire 1355LM :

1st install

the only way to start installing is with flag noauto. At the end MDK 10.1 works fine

(with acpi), but everything (mouse, storage) I insert in the usb, does not work.

2nd install

With the usb mouse connected, i tried to do an upgrade, so without flags the install

process start correctly and recognize the usb device, and at the end of install

MDK 10.1 works fine with an usb mouse. But the pen drive (LEXAR JUMPDRIVE 64MB that

worked on 10.0) does not work, and the dmesg says "control timeout on ep0out" .

3rd install

With the usb mouse and LEXAR JUMPDRIVE connected I Tried to do an upgrade, but this time

the install process blocks the laptop. I reboot the system without the cd but with the

usb devices connected , and the boot blocks the laptop on mounting usb filesystem:

ctrl-alt-del and reboot without usb devices. The MDK works without a usb mouse. If I try

to do an upgrade (as 2nd install) the install process blocks the laptop.

Now if I boot the laptop with usb mouse connected, MDK 10.1 works but usb mouse is disabled

and if I connect the LEXAR JUMPDRIVE, dmesg says nothing about usb.

In any way I've boot the laptop, init gives error on mounting on /dev/pts (busy).

Please help me (to understand first and ) to solve this trouble.

U-t-o

PS Sorry for my english..... :help:

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Same for me. Problems began, when I was installing MDK10.1O. My USB mouse wasn't recognized and it didn't work. Well, at least keyboard and Tab worked, so I managed to install it.

I have Acer Aspire 1362LCi and every time I try to run Mandrake Control Center, my USB mouse will be dropped off - and Mandrake Control Center freezes. Well, touchpad still works, but I'm not used to use it. But when I'm trying to close Mandrake and restart the system, the blue screen (where Mandrake announces how it closes itself) reports "control timeout on ep0out"...couple of seconds...control timeout on ep0out and this will continue on and on and on...

For some reason Acer seems to be a tough bite for Mandrake, because most of laptop related problems seems to be happening to Acer users...

So, any help is appreciated. I guess it's time to take a look help from here...

BTW, it's sad that we are still stucked with these same problems (ALSA, USB) from version to another...could think that those times are left behind!