Show off your desktop: December

iphitus

Coming Soon To A Universe Near You

Alien

still have lots to do...man dark themes are pain!

oh, and just the gtk and metacity....permision denied to port the icons.

.....eeeww...alien blue lost a lot in the jpg

I'll give it a try, to bad you didn't get the permission for the icons :/

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've worked on it all night and feel like I've gotten nowhere but there are some differences that most won't notice. Tabs are still slow and I have no idea why, as usual. Insensitive text is wacked out and the cursor is hard to see when posting on forums with epiphany. I haven't figured that out either. I sure wish gtk would get hip with text colors....it's really starting to get on my nerves!!!!

The theme preview, as usual, is not acurate and though the progress bar and range sliders rock the progressbar still needs a little work to be perfect.

I wish people will real graphics talent would make some themes and that gnome devel would revamp/optimize the pixmap/svg egines....oh...Christmas is over....no wishing!

Not by tomorrow, but I want to merge the prelight and active highlights in the widgets better, so that's a TODO.

suggestions welcome!

Enjoy!

screenie

Alien

download

download Alien.tar.gz

You can post screenies where ever but please don't post the link to the theme anywhere. I hope to fix a few things and release tomorrow on gnome-look.

Edited by bvc

:lol2:

Whats sleep?

With ALien, it makes the firefox "tabs" very very hard to read, like almost not readable, other than that its nice, a lot of times i end up with a lot of tabs and need to know what i'm flipping to.

Can you fix it? :P

Edited by cybrjackle

Whats sleep?

With ALien, it makes the firefox "tabs" very very hard to read, like almost not readable, other than that its nice,  a lot of times i end up with a lot of tabs and need to know what i'm flipping to.

Can you fix it?  :P

sleep? it's this thing that linux users are deceived into thinking they do not need....hear me!..IT IS A DECEPTION!!!! :cheeky:

I don't use firefox (I use epiphany) but I do have it installed so I can test themes. Do yours look like this?

alienfirefox.png

if not, I have a feeling it's because ubuntu mods. Solution? Use a real gtk browser like epiphany or galeon....OR, replace your crap with a real gnome distro...UBUNTU!!!!

seriously....I'll boot to mandrake and have a looksee

Edited by bvc

last screenshot of the year

NOMINATED SCREENSHOT

screenshot311204-preview.jpg

click for larger image

Metacity & GTK2: Indubstrial

Icons: ChaninDjoole

Background from applegeeks.com, I wanted to change the background for this screenshot but for some reason my gnome-background-properties keeps locking whenever I try to add new images...I don't have time to fix that, gotta get ready for the nights partying :)

Edited by tymark