Wallpaper and Theme competition

iphitus

Announcing the 2005 theme and wallpaper competition!

You may enter any sort of theme or wallpaper. Some suggestions are wallpapers, window manager decorations/borders, GTK2 or QT themes, xmms skins, gdesklets, karamba, browser skins, gdm or icons.

Here are the rules:

Entries must comply with board guidelines.

You may enter more than one entry

The theme must be your own work, it may not be a port and it may not be a rip of someone elses. If it is a modification of another person's distinguishable and obvious changes must be visible.

You may modify your own work, although do more than change a handfull of colours, make it interesting. If you are unsure, feel free to email me at the address below of PM me.

Have fun

You may be disqualified if you break the above rules.

It is reccomended that you also provide a screenshot with your entry, not everyone uses KDE, GNOME etc.

If you need somewhere to put it, either attatch to the post, or email it to me at iphitus@gmail.com

Entries Close: 20th January

Poll: 21st January - Midnight, GMT+10, 11th February

I will advise on exact closing date when I know, I am going holiday somewhere around the 9th for a week.

Good Luck! and may the our graphics cards struggle with the quality work :P

iphitus

• 3 weeks later...

If some one could fix the images part of my Christmas theme... I would enter that. It doesn't look good at all tho without the special image files that needs to be with the xml files.

(Its an Invision Theme ... available at the theme selector at the bottom left corner of this page)

EDIT: all fixed now...

Edited by scoopy

• 2 weeks later...

Well.... I guess that's not a lot of entries..... So I'm extending this until the 16th of the month.

Come on!! bvc?? me?? anyone else?? someone has to have something they want to include!!

Take it as a chance to make your first theme, htere is plenty of instructions pinned at the top of the forum, or why dont you learn the gimp! here's your chance!

iphitus

oh, did ya take out the 'Christmas' in the title?

I NOMINATE Soma

screenie

Soma (800kb PNG)

Download Soma

The stock icons are modified from the WelcomeBack GTK SmoothEngine theme. The gnome-main-menu icon is modified from the gnome.svg in Ubuntu's Human icon theme. Desktop icons are not mine either. Just the gtk/metacity.

There wasnt ever a christmas in this years title :D