upgrading from mdk10 to mdk10.1

Bizk

hi guys, how're you doing? i am new here. i have downloaded a few days ago mdk 10 official. however, i have heard that mdk 10.1 official is now available. unfortunately, i don't know where i can download it. in addition, i don't have time to download 3 iso files again. what leaves me with the question, where can i update my mdk to mdk 10.1 easier and faster? moreover, i got here the mdk cumminity 10.1 version (only the 1st cd), may it help me update it?

Guest Adriano

Hmmm... You could also order it from a website like fastdiscs or cheapbytes for a mere 10 dollars / 9 pounds / ?? euros... It's a possibility.

I don't recommend upgrading, but it's another possibility as well. It would be pretty "safe" if you did a clean install of 10.1 community, and then immediately upgraded from the 10.1 package tree. But Use At Your Own Risk.

Last: I think I'm going back to 10.0. I'm experiencing some ugly quirks with menudrake on 10.1, and I sincerely do not notice a speed improvement over the previous version. In fact, the only thing I think it's better is the renewed Control Center. Which could also use some more work. SuSE's YAST is much more polished and complete (the bold font used for the tabs in MCC for example, or the way it doesn't repaint when installing RPMs and looks like crashed if you minimize - maximize...

A few weeks ago, I installed 10.1CE from CD, then immediately went online and pointed my urpmi to the 10.1 Official mirrors and did a "urpmi --auto-select".

I am now running 10.1 OE, and life is beautiful. :)

(But "Use at your own risk" and "Your milage may vary". ;) )