gnome panel with fluxbox

beesea

speaking of the slit, i found a nice little dockapp called wmdrawer that works as a nice substitution for my not-always-on-top gnome panel. its basically the same thing as the drawer applet for the gnome panel but it runs in the slit. its pretty configurable and it can easily be made to look nice. last night i found a patch that opens the drawer when my mouse moves over it (normally you have to click to open the drawer), so it works even faster.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok now this is all beginning to make sense......... I know about the

3D-Desktop thing...!!

idesk doesnt work very well I've found. Seems, unstable. Not really sure how to explain it, I just don't like it. Maye there's something wrong with my configuration...!!

I will try all that other stuff as soon as I get fluxbox again. I redid my system but last time I installed fluxbox I urpmi'ed it and forgot to save the urpmi downloaded files. Hopefully by this weekend....!!

i usually built fluxbox from source, dunno why.

i'm going to try idesk today, we'll see how that goes.

i also found a fluxbox/blackbox type WM cailled waimea, it looks pretty interesting-as transperency built-in to the window manager, kinda neat. don't have the link w/me, so if anyone wants it let me know and i'll hunt it down....

Can you do as much with it as you can with fluxbox....?

I mean the whole slit thing and the icons and all that...?

Also can you get or load some kinda "taskbar"....?

Just wondering... I'll browse the page some more and see what I can find but if you could answer any of those questions it would be cool....

So far I am liking the screenshots...!!

like i said, i just started with it last night.

i dunno about a slit, but you can do the dockapps and so forth. taskbar, no clue. icons: idesk is what i'm going to try out, seems that everyone using it uses idesk.

again...just found it last night, haven't gotten to playing with it much yet :) (tho i'm about to try getting it running on my RH 8.0 laptop at work)

• 3 weeks later...