Open Office [SOLVED]

Hi all!

I have a machine running Mdk 9.0 and Xandros 2.0 connected to a Win XP 'puter via an ethernet connection. I just dowloaded the latest version of Open Office ( 1.1.3) from the OO source for any Linux (x86). I installed it (although I may not have all the Java that I could have used ). Nevertheless!

Is there a way that I could transfer the download from Xandros to Mdk. (It took me over 5 hours to download the software using dial-up) and I would like to avoid another download if possible.

Any suggestion?

Réjean

You may get an answer more quickly on the Xandros forum. Go to the Xandros website to find a link to its forum. It's an excellent forum with very friendly people who try their best to help, similar kind of people as here on mandrakeusers.

Please respond back here with your experience there with your problem.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Richard

Can you just mount the Xandros partition containing the download to your Mandrake system?  Then you could read it directly.

Hi Padma!

I followed your advice and it worked. It took me awhile to figure out how to mount Xandros but I did. I don't use Mdk because it has the tendency to freeze up on me. Xandros, on the other hand never does. So I'll keep on using Xn for when I have important things to do and Manrake for learning how a different distro works.

Thanks for your help and thanks also to lawsonrc for his suggestion.

Sincerely,

Réjean :beer: