"nvidia-settings"

fearby

All nvidia gurus use it. We just know that it is a secret, and the uninitiated are the only ones who talk about it!!

(This is a joke!!!! :cheeky: )

I guess I am part of the inner circle, because I use it as well. B) I had installed my nvidia driver for some time before I learned of this programs existence.

By the way, why can't I make changes to Digital Vibrance other than integer values? I can set it to 1.0, but not 0.5.

Guest Jazzwhistle

So now you've told us about this one... I have two questions:

How do I convince Nvidia driver that I'm on a Flat Panel screen and not CRT ? Control Centre settings do not seem to influence this.

Could this have something to do with my everugly kde fonts on CE 10.1, even after thoroughly going through the "Font Deuglification" process I eventually found ? (It did improve things, but still way uglier than a default Xandros or Yoper install)

Love and Light,

Jazzwhistle

It has nothing at all to do with your fonts. As long as your display is working, that setting doesn't really matter; the nvidia driver allows you to tell it manually what displays you have connected to it in case you have a complex setup that it doesn't detect properly.

It probably detects your LCD as a CRT because it's connected by a standard monitor cable. As far as the nvidia driver is concerned, anything connected by the standard VGA output is a CRT, anything connected by a TV-out connector (composite or s-video) is a TV, and anything connected by a DVI-out connector is an LCD. If you have an LCD that connects by the normal analogue VGA connector, nvidia reckons it's a CRT. As I mentioned this really makes no difference to the display itself, it's just nvidia's naming convention. (If you ever start messing with multiple displays, you need to know this stuff, as when editing the config file you use these names - LCD, CRT, TV - to identify the display whose settings you're changing. If you have a single output, they're completely irrelevant).

That was rambling and badly organised, but I hope you got the gist :). Basically - it doesn't matter and it's not causing your font problem.