Mandrake 10 Server - No free HD space

ShineDesign

Hi all,

The main problem I'm having is my webserver is not acting as it should. You can go to http://www.componentconcepts.com, click on "products" and then on any sub-category. Nothing will load...

Furthermore, I restarted the MDK10 server to see if that would fix the problem, but now the X server won't start. (error message was that the default font 'fixed' could not be displayed...which could mean anything). Anyway, I fooled around with that (I've had to fix this problem alot on other machines) and came to the conclusion that the font server is fine. I then noticed on boot up that verbose told me:

"Warning - Free space for </> is only (0). (which is inferior to 20000)"

This could explain why nothing could load...there's no space for temp files!

I'm assuming that this space is 0 because of the temp files created when visits to the site are made. My question now is, which folder do I empty to free up the space that was once available? I'm running apache as well as mySQL.

(I've already tried dbcc freeproccache and dbcc dropcleanbuffers from mySQL)

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

-Shine

It works fine for me in Mozilla, can also load up your products page and view all liinks..To clear up some more space, have a look in /var as devries sugested. You can also set your /tmp folders to be cleared on each reboot.

Another thing, its considered a security risk to have KDE, or Gnome etc running on a server, so if you can, remove them or stop them from loading up. You might also want to run the du command in a consol. More info

man du

Thanks for the tips! Now I'm boggled though...it DOES work in Mozilla, and not in IE. That makes no sense...unless there's an error in a function / variable defined in the htm that Mozilla is just ignoring, while IE is trying to load. I don't know.

I'll try freeing up some space in /var/log (if applicable) and see if that helps. Thanks!

p.s., I don't normally run KDE on the server, I wanted to at this time to run some tests and make sure everything was as it should be.

Any help as to why the site works in Mozilla and not in IE would be appreciated, thanks!

-Shine