Ways to get Mandrake 10.1 AMD 64

Guest Blue Storm

Guest Blue Storm

Im very new to the whole game, I know that 10.1 is out and there is an AMD64 versions there. I know I can buy it for about $150 AUS which I would be happy to do if I actually knew how to use it and knew I was going to get that much out of it. But while I haven't got a lot of time right now to f*ck around with stuff I just don't think I can invest that right now. Mandrake as far as I knew was free so can someone tell when when/where you will be able to download the files from?

In short; Mandrakesoft do not make the AMD64 ISOs freely available. Officially, Mandrakelinux for AMD64 is only available as an expensive boxset. However, some online vendors like linuxcd.org have carried AMD64 releases in their store for approximately US $6 + shipping.

MDKL 10.1 for AMD64 is not available from their online shop; however, it will be shortly. Consider bookmarking this link, I would really recommend Mandrakelinux for Athlon64.

http://www.linuxcd.org/view_distro.php?lst...11&id_distro=19

10.1AMD64 will be available shortly. In the meantime, think about joining Mandrakeclub. Also, did you know that the standard x86 release of MDKL 10.1 will work on your AMD64 system?