Samba share through apache [SOLVED]

hovercrafter

Ok i have been fighting this for a couple days. What I am trying to do is access a samba mounted directory from my xp box through a webpage on apache. I can access a index.html file which is very short off of the xp box, but anything that has some size to it (like over 100k or so) wont come through. I have a feeling something is interfering with it and causing it to stop but i am not sure what it is.

For example my linux server runs on 192.168.1.200 and my xp box is 192.168.1.100 now what i want to do is enter www.mydomain.com/xp and that would lead to a mounted directory for the xp share directory. I have a couple of mp3's i would like to access from there but whenever i try to, even if i do a save as from my browser, it comes up as 0 bytes.

I hope i made sense lol...thanks in advance

hovercrafter

ps. I did a test, i can browse through konquer using smb:/ and open the mp3 file and play it fine from the linux box, but i cant do it through the brower. Even on the linux box i get the index to open, but as soon as i try to download the song i get a broken connection.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. I acutally found the problem was in my Apache configuration. I have to add the following 2 lines to it:

EnableMMAP Off

EnableSendfile Off

I actually embeded these into the directory that I have the samba share mounted to so that all files stored on the Linux box still can use memory map and Sendfile.

Now everything is working like a champ. Again thanks for your response.

Hovercrafter

Edited by hovercrafter