Flashplayer 7 for Konqueror? [solved]

cenobite

HI !

I've searched this topic on several boards and forums, but can't find any absolute solution to my problem. I've just installed Mandrake 10.1 comm. and got only Konqueror as web browser. I want to install the Macromedia flashplayer plugin for this browser. But how ?

When su to root, I unpacked the flashplayer file and then in console; "./flashplayer-installer.sh" the installer starts, but can't find any directory to put the files in. It asks for mozilla or opera plugins directory, but I don't have any !?! Do I have to download Mozilla or Opera to use this flashplayer in Konqueror ? And yeah I know..... Maybe Mozilla or Opera or any other browsers are better, but I got to have a clean answer on this first !!!!

To set a final conclusion. Period.

:thanks:

Welcome, cenobite, on mandrakeusers.org :-)

Download an rpm to install flashplayer:

http://macromedia.mplug.org/site_uh.html

Go for the Mandrake 10.0 rpm!

I think the plugin is installed in /usr/lib/flash-plugin - but i might be wrong.

You can find out by typing in a terminal: (before the install)

rpm -qp -l <name.of.the.rpm>

After the install, go to the KDE control center, Internet --> webbrowser --> plugins, add the dir where flash is installed, save it, then tab: search new plugins.

That works for me with MDK 9.1, 9.2, 10.0, 10.1 - and konqueror.

• 11 months later...

Easy, SAO.

When you first login, on the left side you will see a menu called Site Navigation.

Select the subject you want and click on it. When you have done this, look to the top right corner and you will see a tab called New Topic. Click on this and you are away.

Cheers. John.