The Mandrake eXPerience temporary URL

DOlson

Okay, the server that hosts my site has disappeared from the face of the planet. It's going on a month or so, and I figured that it's about time I provide an alternate URL, since many people have been contacting me via email, instant message, private message, and IRC about it.

I wanted the new design to be a surprise, but sometimes I have to sacrifice things like that...

The link may not work all the time, since it's on my home internet connection, and sometimes I disconnect, and the site is still under development, so it's not totally complete. Don't contact me with issues about the translations or whatever since it's not done yet.

Please keep in mind that this is only a TEMPORARY link. Whenever Tom Berger returns the server to Afrosheen, you can resume using the old URL. (this is a lame attempt at a joke; Tom didn't really take the server, even though it sure seems like it).

Anyhow, here is the link. Be happy.

http://aslan.no-ip.com/~dana/mdkxp/

I will post in here once the normal server comes back to life.

hey scape, nice new look. mind if i rip it off? :twisted:

ok, that was another pathetic attempt to create a joke. never had the artistic inclinations anyway to create a webpage. :smile:

nice to see that mdkxperience is back on line (even on a temporary URL).

ciao!

Oh yeah, the games section isn't done yet...

But it will be soon. For instance, there are no screenshots for the games yet. There will be.

And one other thing; if you want to buy games from TuxGames, go to that page and click on the links there, and I'll get a 5% donation when you buy. :) (same thing in my signature)

My server was down last night for a while, but it's back online now. Stupid DSL.

ramfree17, I nearly crapped my pants when you said that. >:|

Now go away. :P

I kid, I kid. :)

I got some cool games for my PSone yesterday (bolded). Here's my full list so far:

$13 - Dino Crisis

$10 - Wipeout 3

$5 - WWF Warzone

$20 - WWF Smack Down 2: Know Your Role

$20 - The Legend of Dragoon

$18 - Syphon Filter 2

$15 - NHL Faceoff 2001

$20 - Final Fantasy Tactics

$25 - Metal Gear Solid

$20 - You Don't Know Jack Mock 2 w/ memory card

---------------

Total: $166 Canadian (the same price I paid for two Linux games... Interesting...)

Avg: $16.60 per game

not including taxes.

Total: $105 USD approximately.

That's not too bad, I'd say. The money was given to me as my Christmas gift. :)

I wanted to get Vigilante 8, but I ran out of my money, and my wife is too cheap to buy a game for us to play together. :P She wants to buy clothes. Fooey.

Anyhow, still no idea when the site is coming back.

I can relate too that, my partner is always wanting more shoes and clothes rather than usefull things like games and computer hardware.

She already has huge amounts on both, and i only have 2 ok computers.

She needs to get her priorities right :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Update your bookmarks: http://icculus.org/~dolson/mdkxp/

That's where the site will reside for now (until either icculus tells me it's not appropriate, which I don't think will happen) or until the server reappears.

Coming soon: Text-only version of the site for quick browsing.

$20 - The Legend of Dragoon

$18 - Syphon Filter 2

$20 - Final Fantasy Tactics

how are these 3 games? i picked up a PS)ne the other day ($50, not bad!), and the only game i got at the time was "Driver"

tyme, I LOVE the Legend of Dragoon so far - it's 4 discs, but I'm still on the first one. It reminds me a LOT of the good old days of playing RPGs on my SNES... It's better than the more recent FF games, IMHO.

FF: Tactics got good ratings, but I have yet to play it for more than 5 minutes (I wanna finish LoD first). It looks okay, but not as nifty as LoD. One disc only.

Syphon Filter 2 is good. Interesting split-screen MP mode, haven't played the single player game much at all. Actually, haven't played the game much at all. Mostly been playing Tekken 2 and LoD. It's okay.

If you like RPGs, I'd get LoD. It does have some amusing translation issues, but overall, the game is too fun and interesting and pretty so far to let that bother me. (For example, sometimes they will scream "Bastard!!" at my character where something more appropriate should have gone. heh.)