Mandrake - is it free?

Guest macavity

Guest macavity

I want to install Mandrake 10.1 from Official Download 4CD distro. The first question is: what are the correct md5 checksums for this disks?

The second (main) question: is it possible to use Mandrake without "member of the club" status. I mean: is it possible to update the installation from free source (the "easy update" isn't free! :furious3: ) or Is it possible to get precompiled mdk's from mandrake (new version of _free_ apps, not commercial like vmware or something).

Frankly, if i DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR THE MANDRAKE can i USE it _in_normal_way_ ? Please, tel me, coze if the answer is "NO! You HAVE TO PAY" i cancel downloading this crap. :afro:

Yeah, of course you can use Mandrake without paying. In order to do so, all you have to do is to download the free version. The 10.1 Community Edition is out right now and the Official Edition should be out in a couple of weeks. Both are free to download, install, update, and use.

Mandrake has a release schedule. Some places my be placing it on servers for download, but we at MUB only condone such things when Mandrake offers it. That is one way we encourage support for linux and open source.