Blackbox and bbtools RPMs!

DOlson

what do you mean "Blackbox rpms" the rpms come on Mandrake???

What? You mean the ancient 0.62 release? Yeah... I'll jump right on that one...

My RPMs have patches (such as mousewheel and window snaps) and stuff like that. Not to mention that I have bbtools RPMs. Mandrake doesn't give you those.

Think about it man... If I know how to compile Blackbox and make RPMs out of it, then I probably know that Mandrake comes with it and that that version sucks... I wouldn't waste anyone's time by posting a useless message with useless RPMs.

what are bbtools? Because I use the 'ancient' blackbox that comes on the cds?? Can ya list what those do so that I can see if it would be in my interest to get it?? Plus would they be on the right click menu to configure them or how would i?

what are bbtools?  Because I use the 'ancient' blackbox that comes on the cds??  Can ya list what those do so that I can see if it would be in my interest to get it?? Plus would they be on the right click menu to configure them or how would i?

http://blackboxwm.sourceforge.net/

http://bbtools.thelinuxcommunity.org/

Look there.

Alright I got all the rpms that I wanted, but when trying to install 0.65 (blackbox) i get the error that I need libstdc++so.5, I couldn't find this on rpmfind.net anyone know where i can get it?

Also if I already have blackbox installed can I just install this one on top of it or do i need to remove it?

First I would try to see if you already have it in the distro, it's part of a gcc compiler. If you don't have it, then try this link and you'll find it there, but it's for solaris so I don't know how well that will work.

http://sunfreeware.unam.mx/programlist.html

As for installing the new blackbox rpms, you don't need to uninstall the old version first. Just:

su to root

rpm -Uvh blackbox.rpm

This will simply upgrade it. Good luck.

I would uninstall the old one, since Mandrake changes stuff in their RPMs.

Then, to take care of the deps, I'd use urpmi blackbox-0.65.i586.rpm or whatever the file is called.

Guest defunct

bvc that link you gave me works to the page, but the actual file times out over and over.. I also tried a new search on google for GLIBCPP_3.2 because in urpmi thats what it shows in the parenthesis of the package file it needs that libstdc crap.. I guess i'm in a bind cuz i'm on 8.1 but thats ok I guess.

I'm on 8.1, at least a couple more days. Are you trying to install DOlson's rpm's he built for 9.0? If so that's your prob. You need to get the .65 yourself, either a .386, .src.rpm, or the tar. That probably goes for bbtools as well. From what I saw in the google search that libstdc++so.5 all mentioned 9.0. Not that it won't work 8.1, (I dk the deps because I haven't messed with DOlson's rpms). I don't have it on my 8.1 and I install bb.65 with the tar. But I went back to Fluxbox :)

Yea, you'd have to update who knows how many devel pkgs, and it's not worth it IMO. That's why I'm getting 9.0, to mostly install and leave alone with exception of a handful of pkgs and the kernel. I'm tired of dep hell in upgrading pkgs in 8.1 :roll: