XMMS Problems!!!

FreeEagle

Hi all,

I use Mandrake 10.0 Official on my Desktop, and used to use XMMS Player, in the old Version of Mandrake 9.2 , whenever i want to Minimize the Player with the Equilizer and the Music List, it had to work, but since i Upgraded to Mandrake 10.0 I have a Problem with it, whenever i want to minimize it, the Player got to split in two pices, so the Player will be minimized but it keeps the equilizer and the Music list on the Desktop, and i have to Minimize them seperatly. I read one a day in the Internet that this is a Bug in the Xmms itself and they Fixed it. I updated my Mandrake, but i still have the same Problem, then I tried to update the Xmms itself, so i downloaded the last Version of XMMS , but i got the same Result. :unsure:

What should i do to fix this Problem....? Any Idea!!!!

Best Regards,

FreeEagle

Edited by FreeEagle

Firstly, find out which point release the bug fix was applied to and make sure you have that. Different distros have different point releases of software in their package trees, and of varying stability. So checkout the XMMS website or maybe someone here knows?

First , thanks for your answer, i will check out this again, but tell me do you have the same Problem with Mandrake 10.0 Official. If yes? then this is a general Problem under Mandrake, and if No, then i will spend my effort to check it.

because i saw this Bug fix since alog time, and do not remember Exactly where it was. :D

FreeEagle

I see you like xmms, I used to use it. Have you tried beep media player? It's based on xmms.

I agree it's a very very cool and much better IMO media player than xmms, even tho it's base of it it's much better. I would deff. give that a try and it's easy to download. Make sure you have your urpmi sources set up all you have to do is,

urpmi beep-media-player

And that's all, I hope you like it as much as I did!

-Luis