dual boot

vash795

im not 100% sure but i believe you have to reinstall the windows bootloader, that is if you changed that during install of mdk, especialy if you saved the changes to the master bootrecord. You can restore the windows bootloader by booting your computer with cd1 of mdk inserted and press f1 when promted for an install or updqate, and enter rescue. That will give you a menu with the option to restore the windows bootloader.

To prevent wondows from fouling up, format your linux partition as vfat with a linux mobile disk, like MEPIS or PCLinuxOS. Then windows will see it, complain that it needs to be formatted, and do it.

The other altenative is to see if fdisk will work, but microsoft products do not work very well outside of the windows environmnet.

i don't know what version of windows you're using...

if in win2k or winxp, the computer administration tools has a drive management tool built in that sees all the partitions on one drive. you can manually delete them and reformat them. then you can put in your recovery disk (assuming you have an install disk) and frmo the repair console do a fixmbr ( you may want to do a help fixmbr).

if in older versions of windows you can probably get fdisk to delete the partitions and while in some kind of recovery boot or safemode with dos do a fdisk -mbr or format -mbr. it's been so long since i've ran a win9x variant.

but either way...i'd go to a dos prompt someway or another and use the tools there. MS is definitely going to provide you with the tools to get rid of linux even if you can use what's on those drives.