Does anyone use slicker or superkaramba?

I_NEED_HELP

I have been away from using linux for about the past year, but i am back. One of the last things i did was try using superkaramba however i couldnt really do anything with it then as it always seemed to crash however i have a bit more experience due to uni. anyway my question was does anyone use karamba or superkaramba here, if you do could you show screenshots.

I also read just before i left about slicker which looked cool. liquidzoo sent me a tarball back then and i was wondering if there is a newer version as i cant seem to find anything on the website. Has it got any further or has it stagnated.

I just want a cool looking desktop as my housemate seems to believe the windows gui is outdated. He seems to think three years ago linux didnt have a gui.(He always has to be right)

Thanks for any help.

[moved from Everything Linux by spinynorman]

just go to www.kde-look.org for superkaramba stuff and screenies.

in case you wanna install/use superkaramba, be aware of the version you are trying to use. i do know that some version were buggy (=crashing) and needed some fixing in the program-script itself. the newest version is running stable (tar.gz version) but you could also grab a new rpm from one of the mandrake-cooker mirrors and install it. it will come with some preinstalled apps (calendar, newsreader, sys-monitor,...) and works okay.

• 1 month later...
just go to www.kde-look.org for superkaramba stuff and screenies.

in case you wanna install/use superkaramba, be aware of the version you are trying to use. i do know that some version were buggy (=crashing) and needed some fixing in the program-script itself. the newest version is running stable (tar.gz version) but you could also grab a new rpm from one of the mandrake-cooker mirrors and install it. it will come with some preinstalled apps (calendar, newsreader, sys-monitor,...) and works okay.

hello, i was just wondering which version should be good to download. Is that the SuperKaramba 0.35.2 or 0.35.3. ?

i tried t install the 0.35.3 but i only get this message :

cannot install superkaramba-0.35-3mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied libpython2.4.so.1.0)

OK!

libpython comes in the python package, and a new major version of python was released the other week. :D

However we dont need to worry about that.

If you have your urpmi sources configured, all you need to do is go to console as root and type: urpmi superkaramba

iphitus

OK!

libpython comes in the python package, and a new major version of python was released the other week. :D

However we dont need to worry about that.

If you have your urpmi sources configured, all you need to do is go to console as root and type: urpmi superkaramba

iphitus

Thanks i was able to install it after all.

I was wondering, do i need to install karamba as well.