10.1 Official is out!!

io333

Just so you don't have to go there:

Following a successful Community release, Mandrakelinux 10.1 Official features improved hardware and mobility support (including support for BlueTooth and Intel Centrino chips), better stability and a lot of new software!

Mandrakesoft has developed three value-added packs based on Mandrakelinux 10.1 Official:

Discovery is a very good way to get started in Linux

PowerPack is a Linux OS for advanced desktop use

PowerPack+ lets users set up small and home networks quickly and simply

Learn more about the Mandrakelinux 10.1 Official packs at:

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products/101

How to get Mandrakelinux 10.1 Official? You have a choice!

a ) Choose your pack from the new 10.1 Official range and pre-order now: http://www.mandrakestore.com

Members get large discounts on the packs!

20% for "Standard" members

25% for "Silver" and above

b ) NEW! Mandrakeclub "Gold" Members can download 10.1 Powerpack (6 ISO CDs!), 10.1 Powerpack+ (8 ISO CDs!) and the convenient 10.1 Powerpack DVD ISO!

Direct Acess to your torrents

c ) NEW! Mandrakeclub "Silver" Members can download the 10.1 Powerpack (6 CDs!) + 10.1 Powerpack DVD ISO!

d ) Mandrakeclub Standard Members can download 10.1 Download Edition now (4 CDs) (the 3-CD download edition will be released on public FTPs in a few weeks, the fourth CD being reserved for Club members).

In addition to an extended choice of software, all 10.1 Official packs come with many pre-packaged commercial plugins such as Flash & Java players, NVIDIA and ATI drivers and many others.

Mandrakeclub Team.

Hmm, 6 cd's and a dvd image for silver members. wonder what that contains, can't wait to find out. Hope to be able to tell you on the weekend!

Whoohoo, good thing I just upgraded my cable internet connection - bittorrent started slow, but after about 10 mins I'm now getting 150+KB/s (kilobytes - 2Mb/s line).

Good fun, looking forward to the weekend.

Oh by the way, I have decided to download the dvd iso, the powerpack download (6 cd images) says:

| file: Mandrakelinux-10.1-Official-Powerpack |

| size: 4,368,951,806 (4.1 GB) |

whereas the dvd iso image download says:

| file: Mandrakelinux-10.1-Official-DVD |

| size: 4,676,982,859 (4.4 GB) |

I have no clue as to what is extra on the dvd, but I'll find out (intend to download the cd images too).

Ok, xorg 6.8 is like this:

xorg68cools.png

Full size png (650kB)

At the top a translucent konsole, at the right bottom 2 gkrellms, both always on top and 0.4 (40%) translucent.

Also nice dropshadows on all windows and drop down boxes.

What you can't tell from this screenshot is the way windows are opened, neatly blended in onto the desktop.

How good it works? Ahem, quite unstable.. that is, the xcompmgr and transset stuff -- which is not included, had to get it myself.

Maybe, but the installer didn't even ask me which discs I had, so I'm not sure if it will tell you to change discs properly.

However, in the media manager there is not 1 single entry for everything, but 6 (or 7?) separate entries, all pointing to the dvd..

So there are separate hdlists.