SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Rear output

Guest boonders

Guest boonders

I can't get any sound out of the rear out on my SB 5.1 card. Anybody know how to solve this little problem? Its not my speakers, i've switched them around. Also, if i plug in my 5.1 from my Creative surround sound, with the "digital plug" (orange one), that hooks up my center speaker, i get some funky noise out of my speakers, anybody know why that happens either?

Thanks!

Dane

odd...i never had issues with my SBLive...only thing i can think of:

check mandrake control center, go into the hardware section, and look under the sound car section, make sure it's detecting your sound card right and also run the configuration and see if the sound comes out right through that-although from what you're saying i don't think it will.

i'll do a little research and see if i can find a better answer...

I've played with the "ALSA mixer" and now have sound out of my rear R or L, haven't figured out which one yet, but I've got one of them working...would like both... :)

then you should be able to fix it to come out of both using the mixer-just a balancing issue i guess...?

Dolson and I figured out that the OSS drivers are superior to the ALSA drivers for this card. Run draksound as root from a terminal, and switch to the emu10k1 driver. The audigy driver sucks. It's lower quality and won't output to the headphone jack simultaneously with the other output for speakers.

I just got a sound blaster live 5.1 yesterday.

I used the oss driver and i can get all the speakers going but the digital lead thats supposed to go in the center/sub woofer doesn't work.

I have to plug the front in front and the rear in the center/ subwoofer and all the speakers then work. Does anyone else get this?

Open up aumix (or install it if it's not listed, urpmi aumix) and check your levels. I believe there are settings for everything. Digital 1 should be listed, try monkeying with that first. If not, run draksound as root, switch to the alsa drivers, and see if you have luck there.