CD-RW and DVD-ROM confusion

LTD602

Hi everyone:

I just upgraded and I had to reinstall MDK10. Everything's smooth, except for one thing: I've got the download version, with the 4th CD. The 4th CD has kOffice on it. I like kOffice. I insert the 4th CD (from KDE desktop) into my CD-RW, select the first KOffice RPM, and click install, etc. As usual, it asks me to insert Disc 2. BUT, it opens my DVD drive and not my CD-RW. Weird. I insert Disc 2, click OK, but it keeps asking for it. Strangely, it always oopens the OTHER drive when it asks for a new CD, and then . . . . it keeps asking for it even though I inserted it and clicked OK. I want it to only access my CD-RW.

Really strange. So now, I can't swap CDs.

I'd really appreciate any ideas. Everything is nearly perfect, it's just ths stupid little problem . .

I have similar problems with urpmi and CD based repositories. Then I updated my Mandrake 10 up to date (since there are several updates to Mandrake Control Center and draktools) and the problem disappear. Try updating it fully before installing additional software.