Show off your Desktop: October

iphitus

it's what is in a lot of my screenies....here's one;

Alien

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay.

That's exactly how I want my desktop to be set up (except a different wallpaper).

I gotta get me all that stuff.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well I was denied permission to port the icons from Object Desktops IconPackager, and I never asked for permission to use the chrome milk stuff.

So?

I give you permission to send them to me in an email...

BAH.

cyberjackle: Just save the image to your local hard drive, then attatch them to the post. I have done it to your last two screenshots for you, as I know some people find the whole image irritating many people still use dial up.

DOlson: Who cares if your themes suck? If you like them, why does it matter what anyone else thinks. Post, i wanna see ;)

iphitus

cyberjackle: Just save the image to your local hard drive, then attatch them to the post. I have done it to your last two screenshots for you, as I know some people find the whole image irritating many people still use dial up.

iphitus

Um, well how else did you think I was trying it???

The board keeps saying that they are to large, so I gave up and showed the board what was large... ;)

Edited by cybrjackle

That's the thing iphitus, I don't like them.

I'm mostly speaking about bvc's screenshots.

I wish I had graphical talent. :(

oh come on D, it was your custom panel a year ago that got me started. You can do it. I couldn't at first...it was frustrating and time consuming but like you, I didn't like what was out there, so after waiting 3 years for someone (like roberTO) to do something I decided if I wanted it I'd have to do it. Sad, when you consider how much better artist there are out there compared to my hacks.

Edited by bvc

hey bvc and cybrjackle how did you guys get that Ubuntu thing on your signature? I would like to add one like I have Arch as you can see. Thanks

-Luis

just find the image on the internet and put it as an image

screenshot

All svg baby! ;) (except for d3a lines and recolored arrows I haven't replaced yet)

Humanity To Others

Very early stages....still have lots to do (shadow/trans etc..)....not really worthy of a preview yet but...

Edited by bvc

iphitus

Um, well how else did you think I was trying it???

The board keeps saying that they are to large, so I gave up and showed the board what was large... ;)

That's damn wierd, i saved your images, edited your post and attatched them with no problem... maybe pm admin..

That's the thing iphitus, I don't like them.

I'm mostly speaking about bvc's screenshots.

I wish I had graphical talent. :(

oh come on D, it was your custom panel a year ago that got me started. You can do it. I couldn't at first...it was frustrating and time consuming but like you, I didn't like what was out there, so after waiting 3 years for someone (like roberTO) to do something I decided if I wanted it I'd have to do it. Sad, when you consider how much better artist there are out there compared to my hacks.

LOL! So you're saying that because of me, everyone and their auntie have better themes than me?

I havnt made many themes at all, only about two. Most of the time I just grab a theme, stick it with another, and if i like it, yay, if I dont, nay. Not long ago, when a.g.o was down, I wrote meself a shell script that downloaded every gtk theme and installed it ^-^

Occasionally I will modify them, im playing a little with the Mist engine at the moment.

D, just saying your custom panel got me playing with the gimp and my own custom panels. One thing lead to another til I finally thought I was capable of porting bbx mercury so I could have a good 'dark' theme that was usable. It's not hard, just a matter of going through the motions. I'm glad gnome-look.org came up. The increase in themer's/contributor's is good t see. A.G.O is a joke. I told them they could pull my stuff from there if they wanted to after recieving an email about an icon theme I submitted that had stock icons. They think they are the theme police, lol....I installed a theme from a.g.o the other day and it has many bugs/errors and is ugly!. All of my stuff was submitted and only one metacity theme was put up, lol. But if you go to gnome-look and saw the bandwidth usage on my site, mine are very popular. Gnome purist :mr-green: