Opera tray icon problem

chris z

ok, here's something for ya'll to chew on, if ya like.........

(click image for full screen view, to better see what i'm talking about.)

desktopmon5small.jpg

my question is about the red Opera "O" (with the grey shadow) in the lower right of the tray. it's the icon that shows when you have Opera open. it's horrible. the edges are jagged & looks awful, especilly when you mouse over it & it enlarges. i want to replace that damn thing, or at least clean it up. but, no matter where i look for Opera icons on my computer, no matter which ones i change, that oogly red "O" still remains. i have tried editing/replacing the opera.png & opera.xpm files in the following locales in all icon sizes (16x16,22x22,32x32, etc.)........ /usr/share/icons, /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg (which is the current icon set i'm using), & /usr/share/opera/images. i've looked at the /opera & /.kde directories in /home/me but there's nothing in those relating to that icon. it doesn't reflect the silver Opera "O" launcher icon on the left of the tray, so it's gotta be coming from somewhere else.

i've also checked the Opera rpm for where image files are stored. they're all stored in /usr/share/opera/images & i've changed all of them to no avail. this is driving me crazy!

any ideas where else i could/should look? i just can't figure out for the life of me where that icon eminates from. i tried Opera Community help & faq's & there's nothing about it there.

Chris

Edited by chris z

thanks for replying, Ip, but it's not that one either. i forgot to metion /pixmaps in my original post, but i've changed that one too, with no luck. that's what's driving me crazy. i did a find / -name opera.* & changed every opera icon/pixmap/image that was the red "O" to the silver "O" & it still stays the same. there's gotta be a way............

Chris

:offtopic:

Sorry I do not know the answer, but what are the two progs. you are running for system monitor and weather? I would like to check them out.

Thanks,

they are highly modified Superkaramba themes. the CPU info, etc. stuff is called keramik t monitor. the weather app is liquid weather. the weather theme is pretty much stock, with a few modifications by me. the t-monitor theme, on the other hand, looks nothing like it does out of the box. i had to edit alot of the theme. and, to get the various monitors to work you need lm_sensors installed & a computer capable of sensor detection.

Chris

devries.........

no, the bar is from an app called Kleardock. it's a Kicker replacement that you can make totally transparent. Kicker is still running, but hidden at the top of my screen. and, the red Opera "O" is not a Kleardock icon. i've checked into that already. the "O" also appears as the oogly red one in kicker if i have it unhidden. thanks for answering, though.......

Chris