gnome programs

giorsat

Hi. I switched to gnome recently because ut handles my network more efficiently .

I have a few question for all you gnome experts out there.

1) is there a equivalent of kprinter such as gnome printer? which rpm?

2) is there a gnome printer applet or software to control printer status and jobs?= where is mdk rpm?

I use the 10.1 community

3) I use eroaster for cd burning? is there a better program under gnome?

any suggestion is welcomed. do you know if gnome 2.8 exists for mandrake 10.1 and if it works?

I use 2.8 on a Fedora2 system, so I can't answer the rpmi question, however I suggest you look at Gnome's online manuals

For CD Burning, use Gnome's built in CD Creator, or KB3

For printing, I really don't know because I don't havea working printer... but I'd have thought there was a control panel tool for CUPS (though I have never looked for it..)

Was that Fedora 1 or 2? Core 2 is a much improved product, and I'd have thought your problems were actually related to kernel versions rather than distro - Fedora using a newer version of the kernel than Mandrake.

As for printing solutions, take a look at the link I gave you, I've just had a look, and all the technical answers are there for you..

Also, the mandrake CC will still be available through Gnome, so just go into it to set-up the printer.