Error with open Office

AgelessStranger

Hi

Today when I tried to open openOffice the openoffice splash screen comes up, then the blue line races across the bottom, then I am getting this error message box that says the following:

OpenOffice.org cannot be started due to an error in accessing the
OpenOffice.org configuration data.

Please contact your system administrator

The following internal error has occurred: GetStorage, name: "No Content!"

[OK]

It has been running fine up until now. I did a search on this website but came up with nothing.

:help:

Thanks in advance

Josh

Care to explain why this error was happening?

uh... now you are asking the impossible. i am not a coder. :cheesy:

but i will try to explain what came into my mind: as we all know, linux does have bugs, just like any other os. the result is sometimes that some crucial data of programs does not get properly transmitted from the /root to the /home directory or partition. these quirks are very small most of the time but if happening at the wrong time, they can cause conflicts with other config-files. as the clean config files are stored at /root, the chance of an app really dying is quite minimal. the root directory places personal config files in every user directory. so /home/paul can have a different configuration of e.g. open office than /home/pete, while all configs are based on the /root. if /home/paul gets messed up, you simply remove the borked user-config-files and start the app again. then, /root will automatically create a clean configuration for that app (that is: a new /home/paul/.openoffice folder).

i hope this helped you a bit to understand the way linux works. :)

Edited by arctic