Mdk 10 - cd burning doesn't work

kde-head

Just did a fresh install of Mandrake 10 official, and my cd writer drive refuses to mount and as a result K3B doesnt burn.

Anyone else notice this problem?

10.1 doesnt fix the issue

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/101beta.php3

"Known troubles:

- Kernel 2.6.8.1 breaks CD burning as a user ; again this kernel panic at the end of installation, we are working on it."

I suppose I just need to boot into the 2.4 kernel for now, until this problem is rectified?

Of the last releases series since 9.2, only 10.1 beta 1 did not burn a cd for me, All the rest have, including the current 10.1 CE. Did you run the k3b setup?

Of the last releases series since 9.2, only 10.1 beta 1 did not burn a cd for me, All the rest have, including the current 10.1 CE. Did you run the k3b setup?

no - i didnt run the k3b setup - i just launched k3b.

how do i launch the setup , and what options do i need to select? any kind of walk through would be very helpful.

thanks.

Using gui-

System>Configuation>KDE>System>k3b-setup

Mandrake moved it to a funky place, instead of with archiving. If you have used it before, just go thru the process, and don't forget to add yourself to the user group. It should work fine.

kernel 2.6.8.1-10mdk has no problem burning as a regular user in k3b, once setup is done. kernel 2.6.8.1-3, if I recall, would not work at all for burning with me.

If you choose to use 2.4.x, just remember to emulate scsi for your writer and for copying.