Spread FireFox

Darkelve

Hello all,

for all those interested, please visit the SpreadFireFox website

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/

and help us with either the FireFox 1.0Preview Download count (now at 2.6 million) or the Registered Member count (now over 3100 users, but 10 000 needed with 6 days to go!)

Help us spread FireFox!

(you can spread Galeon or w3m as well, but then possibly this site is not for you :P )

Edited by Darkelve

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you, but you never told me either! I found it at 0.6 (I think)... still on 0.9 in Linux (Fedora haven't released 1.0 yet, and I can't be bothered compiling, or risking things by going up to devel packages...) and 1.0 in windows (they make me use NT at work... could be worse I 'spose, some machines still have '95 on em!)

Has mandrake gotten around to putting it in the standard distro yet? I'm tired of installing by hand. Even though it's (finally) just a one click process to install, I never am quite sure where to put it -- and then I forget where I finaly did decide to put it when it's time to upgrade.

I got the rpms from chips site that you can link to from pclinuxonline. Works great. I'm still working on getting the mozex extension to call up thunderbird for mailto: and I keep old mozilla for the composer to edit my web pages. But I've switched the family over to firefox. The migration tool was flawless. I tried earlier versions but had too many kinks I didn't like. They fixed them all since. Either fixed or have extensions to fix them instead of writing scripts. If they rolled mozilla's composer off into a separate project too I'd be able to dump it totally. Besides that would be a possible answer to all those who are looking for dreamweaver or frontpage alternatives.

<snip> If they rolled mozilla's composer off into a separate project too I'd be able to dump it totally. Besides that would be a possible answer to all those who are looking for dreamweaver or frontpage alternatives.

Someone did. It's called Nvu: http://www.nvu.com/

By the way, FireFox NYT ad campaign more than doubled its original goal (2500 donators in 10 days): they have +10 000 donators in 10 days at a total of $250,000 in contributions for the project.