wine on Mandrake 9

Kieth

I am trying to put wine on my system, which is Mandrake 9. I am not able too, because it states that some files are missing: libgdi32.dll, libkernel32.dll, libntdll.so, and libuser32.dll. In what .rpm file would I be able to find these?

Thank you,

Kieth

I am trying to put wine on my system, which is Mandrake 9.  I am not able too, because it states that some files are missing: libgdi32.dll, libkernel32.dll, libntdll.so, and libuser32.dll.  In what .rpm file would I be able to find these?

Thank you,

Kieth

As far as I believe, they are part of wine.

It sounds to me like you actually have a bad RPM of Wine. Those files should have been included.

I've always found better results just installing from the source tarball of Wine. Just simply go to http://www.winehq.com and download the tar.gz source tarball, uncompress it, type "./tools/wineinstall" and follow the instructions.

I am trying to put wine on my system, which is Mandrake 9.  I am not able too, because it states that some files are missing: libgdi32.dll, libkernel32.dll, libntdll.so, and libuser32.dll.  In what .rpm file would I be able to find these?

Thank you,

Kieth

You should not put wine on your system, it will short out your motherboard!

Do not put any liquid into your system!

:lol:

Anyway, did you do a:

su

urpmi wine?

I'm pretty sure that 9.0 has Wine 20020804 on one of the cd's

Anyway, did you do a:

su

urpmi wine?

I'm pretty sure that 9.0 has Wine 20020804 on one of the cd's

that version is too old by wine standard. best bet is to to use the daily cvs rpm from wine.dataparty.no or even the src.rpm. though i have to admit that doing a cvs build will compile faster. :)

ciao!

I was able to put wine on my computer, but for some reason when I go to active it, /usr/bin/wine (or wine.bin), it says that it cannot find the program. Is there a command that I must give in a terminal to be able to then activate it?

Thanks again.

Kieth

I appreciate the help. In a terminal, I typed "which wine", and the answer was /usr/bin/wine. I then cheched the permissions. I made sure that the user and group (myself) had read and execute permissions. When I 'clicked' on the wine icon (while in the browser Konqueror) in the directory /usr/bin, it stated that it could not find the program wine. Is there another command I must give in a terminal window in order to execute the program, or is there another thing I must do?

Thanks,

Kieth

Guest pinecone

I get that error too where it says it cant find the program except with almost every program i use that did not come with mandrake. I would like to know why htat happens when i just clicked on the program so it is obviously there.

When I 'clicked' on the wine icon (while in the browser Konqueror) in the directory /usr/bin, it stated that it could not find the program wine.

this might be your problem. wine is a commandline app. you need to pass it some parameters (usually the path to the windows program you are trying to launch).

ciao!