Microsoft fights EU Windows curbs

gmac

Microsoft, which was fined a record €497m in March, has consistently argued that the EU decision would cause it "irreparable harm" by allowing rivals such as Linux and Novell to effectively copy its unique server technology.

erm who would wanna copy it.... we just want to work with it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Microsoft, which was fined a record €497m in March, has consistently argued that the EU decision would cause it "irreparable harm" by allowing rivals such as Linux and Novell to effectively copy its unique server technology.

erm who would wanna copy it.... we just want to work with it!

exactly gowater, its just that m$ don't want anyone else looking at the terrible way the code is written in their products.

can you just imagine the public outcry when top experts get to look at it and make their findings really public (tv campaigns, national press etc)!

all the design flaws, bugs, security holes etc etc etc..........

m$ simply cannot afford to have this info made public in this way.

it is and will remain their (m$) biggest nightmare.

they will defend it to the death.

no-one may see inside it (well not without signing the m$ official secrets act !!)

it has nothing to do with copying it, wouldn't that be a compliment anyway?

it would be like saying hey this is good (better than ours!).

when we all know its utter rubbish and just m$ trying to take global domination of everything you and i see and hear, they want to dictate everything and i mean everything, you and i experience, and on their terms only!!

but then again who am i, just a guy sitting at home on my pc offering his opinion

thats all.

history has many lessons, m$ has not learned them yet, but if linux keeps coming as strong as it is now, it won't be long before m$ has to learn the hard way.

You guys miss the ms politik. Just as in the world and world leaders, things are said for political effect rather than for their validity or truth, so ms is saying this in an effort to lay ground work for the future litigations and harrassing law suits. Since they are so popular, the litigation serves their purpose, even if they do not win. Classic FUD. Same ole same ole.